Monday, August 30, 2010

My girls just left the house for their first day of school. This year they are both in the same school, one in sixth grade and one in eighth grade. My oldest daughter is showing her sister the ropes. I didn't even have to ask her to do this. She just took it upon herself to grab her sister yesterday afternoon and help her pick out her first day of school outfit.

Next came the makeup session to enhance her sister's blue eyes., fair skin and curly hair. Of course my oldest daughter has her look down pat. My girls are completely different from each other. The one thing they have in common is they love school which I am forever grateful for.

Of course they have a great bunch of teachers to help them along the way and very involved parents which makes for an excellent team.

Today and every day I wish my girls a great school day and every day for all the years to come. Of course I keep thinking back to the days of their birth and can't imagine where the time has gone. It seems just yesterday I was up at 2 a.m. for feedings and tickling their little feet when dressing them.

And of course no more shocking an elderly man in Wal-Mart who overheard me telling my oldest daughter when she was 8 weeks old, "If you kick that shoe off one more time I'm going to staple it to your foot." The look of horror on his face was amazing. At that point I realized that I'd better stop being so anal about things. After all, when you have kids you sometimes just have to go with the flow because of course things change in a big way once there are kids in your life.

So my girls, enjoy your lives. Don't wish for tomorrow to come already for when you get older the time is just going to fly on by. Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania, United States
We are the owners of Mod Mary's Vintage on Etsy.