Friday, April 17, 2009

So Sunday I turn 50. How the heck did that happen? Well I guess it happened just like it happens for everyone else. Once you get out of school life accelerates and before you know it chunks of time have blown by.


I've had my share of ups and downs like everyone. I got married at 20 and was widowed at 21. I married again at 25 and am blessed to still be married to a man that shares my values, cherishes me, is a great father to our daughters and makes me laugh.

















I've been blessed with two daughters who have showed me how there is actually hope for the future. They've also showed me that parenting is hard work, but so very worth every effort you put into it (and yes, they have their Daddy's sense of humor!) .















I have a sister and two brothers and we actually get along (most of the time!) and I'm very fortunate to have a grandmother still living as well as well as a plethora of uncles, aunts and cousins.


Sadly my parents have been gone, Dad almost 8 years and mom almost 6. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them and thank them for giving me a loving home to live in. They set such a great example for me and I only hope I can live up to their standards. I try to every day. Some days are better than others on that front.




















So here's to another however many years I'm meant to be here. As Sinatra sings, the best is yet to come and I am so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania, United States
We are the owners of Mod Mary's Vintage on Etsy.