Saturday, June 16, 2007

I found a treasure recently in my travels along the vintage highway. I've always been interested in the history of the British Boutique Movement, although I haven't always understood the attraction to all of the greats like Ossie Clark and the moss crepe fabric textiles that Celia Birtwell designed, the fashions by Biba and of course Mary Quant. What I did understand was the stylings of Lee Bender of Bus Stop. As much as I don't buy vintage items just for their labels it's always nice to find a "holy grail" item once in a while.

A vintage friend, Margaret (Artizania) gave me a heads up on a Bus Stop suit that was for sale and I grabbed it as fast as I could. The workmanship on the suit is superb and a bit different from the normal stylings of Lee Bender but it still says "superior fashion" to me. So without further ado here are the photos of my holy grail item, a Vintage 1970s Bus Stop Lee Bender Posh Plaid Suit!










Of course being a vintage clothing entrepreneur I buy vintage items all the time without regard to my personal size so this beauty is ready to find a new home with someone else who will cherish it and wear it in good health. So don't forget to check out this wonderful piece of wearable history along with many other items we have in store for you at Born Too Late Vintage, the style you were meant to wear!


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania, United States
We are the owners of Mod Mary's Vintage on Etsy.